Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for data about Rotary Sensor using magnetoresistors

Status
Not open for further replies.

bharundi

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Rotary Sensor

Hello,

I am looking for more technical detail design and calclulation based infromation about Rotary Sensor using magnetoresistors. It will be used with gear.

Thanks,
Bharundi

Re: Rotary Sensor

Hi

This is a technology that makes use of semiconductor type processes. The resistance of an element changes due to magnetic field strength.

The offerings form Honneywell and Philips Semiconductor appear to be about the same in capability.

Honeywell- Has extensive app notes on many aspects of these including the "setting" and "re-setting" circuits.

**broken link removed**

Philips Semiconductor - Has very little information on their magnetic field sensors

Leica has a 3 axis unit that is very accurate because it includes an inclinometer.

San Diego Magnetics - MR, GMR sensors for tape and a new type of magnetic card

Best Regards
Pendragon

Hi

This is a technology that makes use of semiconductor type processes. The resistance of an element changes due to magnetic field strength.

The offerings form Honneywell and Philips Semiconductor appear to be about the same in capability.

Honeywell- Has extensive app notes on many aspects of these including the "setting" and "re-setting" circuits.

**broken link removed**

Philips Semiconductor - Has very little information on their magnetic field sensors

Leica has a 3 axis unit that is very accurate because it includes an inclinometer.

San Diego Magnetics - MR, GMR sensors for tape and a new type of magnetic card

Best Regards
Pendragon

Thx pendragon for your input;

information you provided indeed very good; however, i am looking for information regrarding desinging sensor by myself. If you know any information regarding that please let me know.

regards,
bharundi

pendragon said:

**broken link removed**

Pendragon
hi,
thnx for info, but this link doesn't work for me :|
i found
**broken link removed**
is it the same?
GoodLuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com