Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for current mirror design solutions for PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.

KamW

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
current mirror design

In my new design I have to use current mirrors. I have one current with hundreds of nA, and I have to mirror it in 1:1, 1:10, 1:100 and 1:1000 ratios. Of course thermal compensated. I know it is simple with IC design - a few transistors, resistors, cascode etc., but I am looking for any IC or another solution I could use on my PCB.

regards
KamW

I'm first time to hear some mirror in the PCB.
Maybe you can use some discrete transistors to design it like in the IC design.

Re: current mirror design

there are manufacturers who made current mirrors. For instance check Philips BCV61 / BCV62 But problem is that there are only pairs. There was one very interesting chip from (as I remember) TI, with more transistors. But now it is obsolete. So as you could see there are solutions for current mirror on pcb. Problem is that transistors should be on the same substrate, to decrease problems (temperature and etc.). But why do you think mirrors couldn't be used on "discrete" solutions? If sometimes it is easier to use simple mirror than tons of amplifiers.

Regards
KamW

The only thing I now is MAT02 with two or MAT04 with four matched transistors in one case. (Analog Devices https://www.analog.com/UploadedFiles/Data_Sheets/524850917MAT04_d.pdf )

They can form excellent current mirrors, but are as well expensive.

What's your application. What stability, Price and so on are your requirements??

(Motorola Types: MPQ6001, MPQ6002, MPQ 6501, MPQ 6502)
**broken link removed**

Thx Aoxomox for your informations. It was very usefull, I have not found motorola chips before. As for my requirements I have no requirements - except prices. transistors may not be matched. I am not interested in 1:1 ratio - 1:1.234445453 could be acceptable because of callibration process of each unit. Price is more importnant (low of course). I've found very old UL1111 - 5 transistors in one case - ultra cheap. I think it could be usefull, but I am wondering if could I use it becouse of obsolete parts problem. As I know it is not in production, and I am wondering if could I use it in my project. Now I could buy it but in near time .... It is why I am looking for another ideas.

Regards
KamW

hi
check REF200 from TI(burrbrown) ,It may be useful.

Thx 7rots51
but it's still one mirror :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back