Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for component layouts for PCB making

Status
Not open for further replies.

sat30

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pcb123 file formats

Hi, I have learned to use a*u*t*o*c*a*d* for my work, so I want ask if anyone knows a source where I can take component layout or other that can help me to make my pcb with it. Actually I use c*i*r*c*a*d*, but the power of a*u*t*o*c*a*d* is the greatest I have never seen.
Thanks

Dear Sat30

Really, U can use AUTOCAD to design PCB, Oh man U are a great, with Autocad is power software for Architect, but for PCB design, i think u need another software.

Regards

Concat

Hi Sat30
You can also use Autoecad is available in
**broken link removed**
You needs register first
Good look

If you want to fix your car, would you take it to a baker?

No.
Bakers make bread, mechanics fix cars.

Same goes for PCB layout.
Get a PCB layout package if you want to do more than a couple of boards and do them well.

For learning AutoCAD is a good tools. If you want to do pcb layout for High Speed bus, You really need to use of the following... (P_O_W_ER PC_B, A_LL_E_GRO, P_RO_TE_L). These tools allow you to define rules for your nets and check for routing violation.

PCB

Also You can check the Mentor tools!

PCB

The expediation from Mentor and PSD of Cadence

P_r_o_t_e_l may be better for you.
You can import some *.dwg file to PCB.

Protel is very easy to learn and use,WG and PSD is too speciality for a common user.

BTW, i saw once a company that used (5/6 years ago) autocad for pcb designs but after moving to proper PCB desing software they improved a lot (less time, better designs, better co-design and so on). You can use it of course, but as all the posts before recommend just dont do it :). You have even free software (autotrax) if money is a problem.

The protel is more easy to use & study , and pcb file format always convert too trouble, if you know autocad , you can use autocad to convert the file format so easy.

Hello, Sat30.

Autocad is good for mechanical design, Pr*tel - P*werPCB - Ment* are very good tools but very expensive !! If U need a CAD for "little" PCB (cheap CAD) U can try Eagle PCB, Easy-PC or Ultiboard 2001.

Mkbs :wink:

drp said:
BTW, i saw once a company that used (5/6 years ago) autocad for pcb designs but after moving to proper PCB desing software they improved a lot (less time, better designs, better co-design and so on). You can use it of course, but as all the posts before recommend just dont do it :). You have even free software (autotrax) if money is a problem.

Autotrax is no longer free.
The designer has totally reversed his previous promises that it be so.
He is not allowing his group members to discuss the matter any more either. Discuss the pricing of it and you get banned (so I am told).

AFAIKR a very limited version will be available to try it out.
The cost of it will be quite low, but IMO not worth paying until the software is complete, stable and has working DRC.

What about OrCAD .. it is the industry standrard for medium size designs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back