Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for ciphering algorithm for CCS C compiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analyzer

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Need Ciphering algorithm

Hi there,
i want to make a communication using pic, also i want my comm. secure
so i decided to cipher my message and bring it back.So i searched on net and i found lots of info about blowfish, twofish, rc4-5-6 But i can't adapt them to my c*c*s c compiler.Can somebody help me about this subject? Instant codes will be perfect for me thank you.
Analyzer.

encrypt

hi .. i used AES/Rijndael on 8bit mcus without any problem.
it is quite new and will replace DES. try reference source codes
at **broken link removed**

regards

cancel

AES is the safest and the next de facto standard. Nevertheless, if you
want some extra speed perhaps you would rather prefer twofish.

AES is good choice, but it is a block algorithm that is not very suitable for encryption of communication data.
Therefore I would recommend to include in consideration stream algorithms like RC4.

As to AES, for 8-bit uC it is better to use Square algorithm. It was made by the same guys who invented Rijndael and it uses the same idea for encryption, but it takes much less resources. You could find its description here:
**broken link removed**

Ace-X.

I suppose there was book posted on the same algorithm (twofish) here .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back