Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for cheap wires with female to female connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nozrhul

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
About a PCB

i know a person who has made a PCB which connects to the PC (digital to analogue convertor) and has made the tracks wrong and instead of putting the track for a female Connector he has put it as a male connector and the wires for the male connectors are twice as expensive. Now the standard connector which is the female, does not work. is there any Wires which u can buy which has a female to female connector and r they cheap. :? :? please Help!!!

Thanx

You can buy sub-d adapters that inface male to male.
Any good electronic shop should have those.
How cheap is cheap? If this is mass produced you better make another PCB. If it os a few boards you can buy that adapter.

Regards.

About the PCBs

I Quote from harkonnen

"You can buy sub-d adapters that inface male to male.
Any good electronic shop should have those.
How cheap is cheap? If this is mass produced you better make another PCB. If it os a few boards you can buy that adapter. "

my mate has 50 and he would like to sell them and once he has done that he will change the PCB layout.

normal adapters cost around £1-£2 and if there are any male adapters that price then i think he will buy them to break even.

he has invested in his small company and cannot sell these PCBs if the Male to Male adapters cost more then £3 as he will lose most of his investment and he will only get a little profit. As he has brought out a smaller, better digital to analogue convertor and engineers would not want to spend that much on an adapter if there is something else which is not as good but has the basics.

thanx any way for helping i will pass this information on. 8) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back