Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for cheap P-channel MOSFET

Status
Not open for further replies.

techie

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
P-channel MOSFET

Please suggest a cheap and commonly avaialable P-channel MOSFET with following minimum requirements

RDSon < 250mohm
Operation voltage 32Vdc max
Operation current 6A peak (for 15% duty cycle only), 0.8A average
Switching frequency = 60Hz only

thanks / techie

Re: P-channel MOSFET

What about the housing -do you want TO220 or TO92 or Sot223 or SO8?
And what do you mean commonly availble -look in Farnell online catalogue there is a plenty of them -please tell us where are you trying to find it and what is the reasonable price for you?

TO220 would be ideal. But I can accomodate any other package since the PCB has yet to be designed.

I will prefer if they are avaialable at retail shops like IC-master, Welfare etc in Hong Kong. Since the qty required is quite low, I dont want to ask a distributor for them. A resonable price will be US$0.5 or so.

Only 60Hz? That low?

Mosfet is mostly fast switching, why dont u consider a PNP power transistor, especially cost is critical to you?

I want to use MOSFET for fast turn OFF. although the switching frequency is very low, the PNP does not turn off quickly enough for my application.

Have a look at irfi9z34g, its 12A, 60V and rds=140mΩ. I think you can find it easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back