Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for car computer protocol and hardware description

Status
Not open for further replies.

janez

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
car computer

I am looking for car computer protocol and hardware description. :D :D

What make / model car?

:?: Each vendor (especially in North America) uses different hardware / communication protocols. EU models seemto be more consistant.

hi Janez,

Do you mean a OBD-1/2 stuff ?

regards
UrsusA

Thank you ghettoman, flahiker, UrsusA.
I wish to make a home made cpu for monitoring the controling parameters like car speed, engine speed itc, whatever I can get from the car cpu. I am owner of a Hyundai car. And I would like just use the data which is allready meausered by default included computer.

Please, help if you know details.

Thanks again

oh.......
that`s another kind of problem.i would recomand you to read how a injection system works to know what are you dealing with.

check also
**broken link removed**

Re: car computer

Does any one have a web site contains the circuit diagram for the electronic boards used in the different cars. Also is there is any site talking about automative electronics design.

Re: car computer

Vicent Yang,
although some information might be available through the diagnostic interface (OBD-II interface), you run into problems interpreting the stuff sent on it since no automobile manufacturer will give you the meaning of the sent data.
Sorry for the bad news,
Maddin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back