Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for Cadstar V6 tutorials

Status
Not open for further replies.

panalog9

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cadstar tutorial

Hi All -

I'm taking a look at the new CadStar Express that is freely downloadable from Zuken. This is a 300 pin, 50 component, smaller libs version, but otherwise the same as the full version.

It comes with a nice pdf tutorial with links to flash videos on the Zuken site to show how to do things. Very nice. But it doesn't *explain* some things :(

For example, on the first board, it tells you to create a board template by selecting the board outline, the duplicating the shape and assigning it to the bottom elec layer. Why do you have to do this ? Why duplicate the shape, and why the bottom layer ?

It tells you to do things, but not *why* and what the reasons are :(

So, are there any other tutorials for Cadstar around ?

Thanks

-pana

cadstar tutorials

The demonstration movies may help you. See

h**p://www.cadstarworld.com/down_movies.asp

design tutorial of cadstar

You duplicate the shape because its simpler than recreating one from scratch.
On the bottom layer because thats where the copper will be, which is what the template will apply to.

There are the training manuals that come with the disk, however putting them online is a little problem.
I'll think on that one.

cadstar pcb tutorials

The guy that runs the Yahoo Cadstar email forums is very helpful when you ask him offline.
Have a look in the files section on the website.
(I know that you know where that is, you asked on there too).

Although they may not apply to Express as much as they are fot the full version, so it may say some things that you cannot do.

explain cadstar

Cyberrat - thanks for the info. I'm getting unhappy with Altium, so am casting about for a replacement. I did a fair amount of digging before asking.

Pulson1x looks nice, but still lacks some features. Cadstar looks excellent, but the various forums say both nice and awful things about V6 quality. DXP (now Nexar) looks like it will be awesome, but Altium has a terrible track record, both for quality and planning. Look at the non-release of SP3 for DXP for example.

Thanks -

-pana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back