Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for buffer for output DAC 0-10V and 4-20Ma

Status
Not open for further replies.

LIVIU

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
DAC

DEAR FRIEND
I need help for output dac 0-10v and 4-20ma
thank you
liviu

A very cheap DAC can be made out of R2R ladder it accuracy is not much of an issue. Then an op-amp can be used to buffer it or provide a current output.

If you are using a microcontroller, A PWM DAC is even cheaper. The PWM can be generated in software and filtered by capacitors or active filters. The response is slow but that depends on yr requirement.

dac

than you for info
i use a pic 16f870 with 2 tach for up down
is work with adac0808
is work good
i need now a good buffer for out 0-10v and 4-20ma
liviu

good cheap choice adc0808 but buffer is little expensive. you can build very easy buffer by npn transistor for pwm output or use 5405

current source

The attached link to op amp current sources

https://members.tripod.com/michaelgellis/howland.html

can be used for a 4-20 source by restricting the input control voltage range. This can be done with either another op amp circuit or by your controller limitng the DAC output voltage to this circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back