Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for books on how to design USB device

Status
Not open for further replies.

huynh

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to design USB device

I want to design USB devices. But I don't know where to start. I heard that there are some good books in designing USB interface and USB device - such as:
USB Design by Example: A Practical Guide to Building I/O Devices
by John Hyde (Author)

Is there anybody know about this book or some other good books for a new learner. Please suggest some ideas.
Thanks.

How to design USB device

excuse me , Is this analog part of USB ? I mean usb transceiver ...

Re: How to design USB device

I mean that some material about designing hardware interface and building software ( include driver and application software). If anyone have some books or useful site, please issue.

Now, I had a book named Developing USB Peripherals Using the Intel
8x930Ax USB Microcontroller - Annakooks
using for designing USB 1.0.
But it's not sufficient for me to start. And I can't find some References of this book (8x930Ax USB Microcontroller Manuals).
Anyone could help me?

Recently i've started with development of USB device and i find many sources of informations and books that explain how to make your own USB device and device driver for PC.
First you have to decide which MCU you want to use.
As i think first you should find and read usb1.1. specifications from www.usb.org (for the beginig read only chapter 9), then you can read "USB in a nutshell" hxxp://www.beyondlogic.org/usbnutshell/usb-in-a-nutshell.pdf.
Also you can read book USB Complete by Jan Axelson (but this book is mainly concetrated on Cypress MCUs) and i use PIC so i did not get much help.
You can also find many interesting data about USB on w w w.beyondlogic.org about USB also at www.usb.org.
There are many sources of data about USB (i have gained about 150MB of data untill now).
If you want to develop device driver under windows you can read "Programing windows WDM" from Walter Oney.
Simce

go to : **broken link removed**
it low cost product for usb development board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back