Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for best Antivirus Solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanHaris

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
A year ago I was using Norton but when their license came up it cost a lot more so I uninstalled it. then i compared Avast and AVG and started using Avast which had a problem with whatever Norton leftover so I removed it been using Microsoft defender ever cense with Malwarebytes. is this good enough or can I do better? plus I use Glasswire network monitoring and firewall

Last edited:

Majority of advice says it's wise to use more than one antivirus program. Among the free ones Defender and Malwarebytes are probably as good a combination as any.

Of course we can understand that the paid or premium versions are preferable and ought to be more effective than the freebies. After all
they're competing for their share of the market.

Of course malware spreaders find ever-sneakier ways to get past antivirus programs. My own latest bad encounter was from a browser hijacker which infected my Win10 machine after I foolishly clicked on a popup telling me my virus-checker subscription had expired and I must renew. My used computer came with a trial McAfee version in the Windows installation. I wonder if the hijacking program could tell: (a) it was on my computer, and (b) it had expired?

You may have already read this
Look out for the privacy settings available with free anti-virus it's got to be paid for somehow,. Paid for versions may do the same data harvesting.

The pop-up problem that BradtheRad had can be a pain; since using the no script add on to Firefox I've not had any problems like that. Also the Brave browser works well in that regard too, but its script blocking can be a little to aggressive at times and break sites.
Take care with scam emails for anti-virus subscription renewals, together with Amazon & Ebay scams they are getting to look more & more genuine.

I'm also looking for some anti virus because now days when i'm taking my life coaching class and I've no chance to face any virus. Because life coaching is much must for mental health.

Last edited by a moderator:

Perhaps the best anti virus is your own common sense and knowing what you are doing. I do not use any anti virus program myself and have never been infected or have any malware problems.

I often get called upon to remove malware and viruses from people’s computers and the best one for this job is Malwarebytes as this is the best anti virus program for actually removing any malicious programs. Under no circumstances use Norton or MacAfee as these programs kill your computers performance and behave worse than actually having a virus. I got fed up with AVG having too many false positives and others of stopping system restore from working. My recommendation is to use Microsoft supplied anti virus program and back it up with Malwarebytes free version in case of infection. Use virus total web site to scan any unknown files.

I have used many antivirus software but they terned out acting like virus, so I don't use them anymore

using a free anti-virus is more dangerous for the system. Once, installed a free anti-virus on my laptop. It was a CCleaner and faced the bade experience with it.

I do not use antivirus, I think that the standard Windows Defender is enough. But the last more or less normal antivirus I used was Avira.

Status
Not open for further replies.