Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for beginner books/tools for VLSI design

Status
Not open for further replies.

ykishore

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
VLSI

Hai, I'm kishore of DA-IICT!

If any body has address of a good site that guides the incomming VLSI designers, Please send me that yah!

Thak you:
kishore.Y

Re: VLSI

I think none of the viewers has understood my request properly.

I ask you to help me getting started with VLSI engineering. My request is that I'm need of details about VLSI engineering, How to get started with it and the tools that are mainly required for that!

I think maybe you can do some study on the Verilog-HDL. Hope that can help you ~ !

Cheers !

ykishore said:
I think none of the viewers has understood my request properly.

I ask you to help me getting started with VLSI engineering. My request is that I'm need of details about VLSI engineering, How to get started with it and the tools that are mainly required for that!

a)You can imagine it or b)you can read VLSI in books. People who started whole VLSI did not have books for it, they even invented the books.

ykishore Man please take my advice: Read the Books! There are hundreds for VLSI. I think this is the easiest way.

Here is a vlsi tool for you to practise. note dos version

What is Magic Version 6?

This version of Magic gathers together work done by numerous people at several institutions since Magic version 4 was released from Berkeley on the 1986 VLSI tools tape. Version 6 is a release of Magic and IRSIM. You'll probably want to obtain other tools by ordering the 1986 VLSI Tools Tape from Berkeley.

This release has been prepared with the assistance of several groups. Much of the new software came from Walter Scott's group at the Lawrence Livermore National Labs (LLNL). LLNL also provided partial funding to help prepare the release. Digital Equipment Corporation's Western Research Lab (DECWRL) helped out by providing computer equipment, a place to work, and the services of one of us (Robert Mayo). Don Stark, Michael Arnold, and Gordon Hamachi also worked on the release at DECWRL. Stanford donated significant pieces of new code, including a simulation system called IRSIM. Other individuals and institutions have also contributed code and assistance in ways too numerous to detail here. [/code]fxp://ftp.digital.com/pub/DEC/WRL/projects/magic/pc/dosmagic.zip
Code:
change fxp to ftp

VLSI

Best, visit university sites and go thru their syllabus and recommended books. you can also find lecture notes on such sites that will help you.

study VERILOG by samir palnitkar ..then u will be knowing about VLSI

VLSI

read neil weste -- principles of cmos vlsi design
and u need fundae on digital design as well

first of all decide if u want to work on the analog side or digital side
if u dont mind either o fthe two
u can work on mixed signal ...
for analog -read analog ic design by jonas and martin...the best book of starters
for digital-first read the book on digital electronics by wakerli
ur knowledge hin digital electronics is of profound importance..
then u can start learnin either verilog or vhdl..
i would prefer verilog becos its more used in industries today
good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.