Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for AVR with UART with easy USB interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

brmadhukar

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
smallest avr with a uart

Hi,
Ineed an AVR with UART and easy programming. Can USB interface to it easily. Do let me know if I can build the programmer myself.
TIA
BRM

+atmel +at8515 +mega8515

Hi,

the smallest AVR with a UART is the S2313 and all bigger ones have at least one UART. All AVRs can be programmed very easy. A programming adapter and the SW you can find at www.lancos.com (ponyprog).

Can you specify your requirements a little bit more?
How much Flash,E²ROM,RAM,speed do you need.

For an USB interface you can use a FT232BM from FTDI. The chip can be conneted to the UART of the AVR.

revolt

i am also sugesting At2313 because is the olny mcu from the avr family that will be in produce in next decade

if you want a bigger mcu at8515 is your answer

The at8515 isn't produced anymore. use instead the
mega8515.

Re: AVR uC needed

I thint that an ATmega with Bootloader is a very good option. To program the ATmega for the first time you will need another programmer. As revolt, I suggest you ponyprog and a STK200 or STK300 that you can find at www.lancos.com

For USB conection you can try from Atmel 89C5131. It's not AVR architecture (8051 core) but it's easy to use and program.

Status
Not open for further replies.