Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for an ultra-low noise OpAmp [TIA]

Status
Not open for further replies.

frilance

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi fellas,

I'm working on electronics related with low noise technologies and I want to improve a previous design of a Transimpedance amplifier which used the OpAmp LMH6624. I was looking for really different stuff from the same and other manufacturers, checking if they released new models improving its noise characteristics, but the thing is after my search I conclude that none of them (i have even a comparission with the new one LMH6629, or EL5130) gives better results. I'm trying to obtain a transimpedance amplifier with a bandwidth up to 50 MHz approx, and an input current noise density below 3 pA/root(Hz) up to 30 MHz. As I said, the previously used LMH6624 gives me the best peformance with 60 MHz bandwith and a current noise density of 3.9 pA/root(Hz) for 30 MHz. (Cf = 0.8pF Rf=5 Kohms).

Maybe somebody around knows better than me about low noise amplifier and can recommend me one with lower voltage noise density and lower input capacitance, because I couldn't find it.

Thank you in advance.

Regards.

If you can live with the +/-5V supplies I think the LMH6624 is probably the best around that sort of speed (I have been doing a similar search myself recently and that was the best I could find). The OPA355 is slower but may be worth a look (and runs on 3.3V single supply).

Keith.

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thank you so much for the answer. I will check OPA355 but it's good to know i didn't forget about some new model during my research.

One thing to watch out for is iffy models. The AD8038 simulates well but the noise figures don't make sense compared to hand calculations so I don't trust the model. Some Linear Technology models don't model noise correctly so you have to compare by hand calculation.

Keith.

Status
Not open for further replies.