Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

looking for an ASIC design or verification job

Status
Not open for further replies.

asic04

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
asic verification contract positions

Hi, guys,

I'm desperately looking for an ASIC design or verification job. If you know any entry-level positions in this area, could you send an email to wenlongwei@gmail.com. I wanna gain some industrial experience and don't care about the pay. Thank you in advance! Below is my resume:

WILLIAM WEI
5612 Grover Av., Apt 107, Austin, TX 78756
(817) 793-7298
wenlongwei@gmail.com

OBJECTIVE
pursue a full time/intern position in the field of ASIC verification and validation

SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATION
- MSEE focused on circuit design with a GPA of 4.0/4.0
- Skilled in logic design/verification with Verilog HDL/VHDL and FPGA synthesis
- Familiar with implementing testbenches to meet verification plan requirements
- Strong programming skills in C, C++, Perl and assembly language
- Innovative and self-motivated team player with strong technical writing and presentation skills

EDUCATION
M.S., Electric Engineering, University of Texas at Arlington, August 2004
M.S., Computer Science, Nanjing University, China, May 1999
B.S., Biology, Nanjing University, China, May 1996

TECHNICAL SKILLS
- CAD Tools: Modelsim, Xilinx, Cadence tools, Agilent-ADS, HSPICE, PSPICE and MATLAB/Simulink
- Languages: Verilog HDL/VHDL, C, C++, Perl, assembly language and Visual Studio

RELATED COURSES
VHDL, Digital Signal Processing, Wireless Communication, Analog CMOS IC Design, Digital VLSI Design (Auditing), RFIC for Wireless System, RF Circuit Design, Semiconductor Device Theory, Random Signal and Noise

RELATED ACADAMIC PROJECTS
- ASIC design of a VGA/LCD display controller with Verilog HDL, verification with a self-checking testbench
- ASIC design of an elevator controller: logic design and test bench design with VHDL, timing simulation with Modelsim and FPGA synthesis with Xlinx
- Intel 8086 microprocessor interfacing and hardware design for a simple motion control system
- System design of a CDMA2000 heterodyne double-conversion receiver (ADS)
- A 14-bit 125MSPS pipelined ADC in 0.35um CMOS (Cadence)
- A 1.9 GHz CMOS RF front-end implemented using 0.18μm CMOS (ADS)
- A 10 Gb/s CMOS Wideband Amplifier for optical communication using 0.18um CMOS technology (HSPICE)

REFERENCES
Available upon request

vhdl elevator controller

Wow, impressive resume for entry-level!
are you just graduated?
Try look in TI (Texas Instrument) website see if they have any. If you willing to move out of state then look for big company like Raytheon, Intel, any company that has contract with the government because they likely want to hire entry-level. For small company, they usualy don't have the budget to hire entry-level during the downtime.

I think, you definitely will get at least one offer base on your GPA because they always look for new grad with high GPA + school they graduate from.

Good luck with your job search

universities verification asic

asic04 said:
RELATEDCOURSES

RELATEDACADAMICPROJECTS
Not to sound rude, but if you want to find a job, you should probably read your post more carefully and do some spell checking before you post it.
I haven't heard the word RELATEDACADAMICPROJECTS before.
Just a friendly advise.

desired job profile for asic design + cadence

Yes, I'm just graduated. I applied for some big companies like TI, Intel, Motorola etc through their website. But no luck to the time. It seems most of the big companies recruit new graduate via on campus interviews. My school is not good and most of the company don't come to my school. So I attended engineering expo of UT austin. But it seems useless. The companies selected interview candidates through UT's website which I have no access. Anyway, I'm feeling a little bit better after yelling it out here.

Thanks for ME's advices. The typing errors occur when I pasted my word resume to the textbox and did some format changes. Next time I will try to be more careful.

asic design jobs new grad

asic04 said:
Thanks for ME's advices. The typing errors occur when I pasted my word resume to the textbox and did some format changes. Next time I will try to be more careful.
You can just edit your original post.
It was only an advice for your own sake, most people who reads job applications throws them right away if there's typoes and spelling errors. It's the first impression they get of you, so it's important to make a good impression and don't make it look like something you have put together in two minutes and didn't even care to read it through before you send it.
That's a sure way to get no job interviews at all.

asic verification resumes

seems too old to be a newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.