Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for a VHDL compiler to use with GAL 22V10

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmin

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
GALs & VHDL

Hi Guys,
I´m looking for a VHDL compiler to use with GAL 22V10.
Any ideas ?
Thanks in advance.
Gus

GALs & VHDL

Salam,

Why you don't use ABEL instead VHDL in programming this simple PLD ?
Search google you will find many result for ABEL.

SphinX

Re: GALs & VHDL

I really don't understand why don't you use the tools from the 22V10 manufacturers like Cypress or Lattice.

At least you get free VHDL/Verilog tool from Lattice semiconductor and for a small price the Warp tool from Cypress!

GALs & VHDL

I also think that it is waste one's talent on a petty job to design GAL using VHDL. you can design a system using CPLD, it is not so expensive and that is very easy.

GALs & VHDL

For PLD design such as GAL, the best way would be to use schematic or abel for better structural control in your design.

Re: GALs & VHDL

PALASM ,CUPL, ABEL Pld assemblers are what you need for PLD, GALS or PALS ..
trying to use a rich language like VHDL ..with a very poor hardware resources will drive you crazy ..Unless what you need to do is ONLY COMBINATORIAL .. otherwise don't mess with VHDL .

Status
Not open for further replies.