Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for a VERY Advanced PCB Fabricator and/or Assembler

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmtwiss

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am currently working on a design which pretty much pushes the possibilities with PCB design. Currently I can only find a single company capable of fabricating and assembling the design. I can find several companies to implement the fabrication of the flex circuit, however only 2 Ican find that can assemble it, and one of them is retarded.

*** Does not matter where in the world it is ***

Does anyone know of some VERY good PCB assemblers? Here is some of the requirements I need:

For Flex Circuit Fabrication:
- 1.5 mil trace/space minimum, typical 3 mil trace/space.
- Polygon pour spacing at 3 mils from all over objects all over the board
- 1-1.5 mil PSR opening (this is the opening of the soldermask to the pads), also can be thought of a soldermask tolerance
- Able to apply copper & soldermask up to 4 mils of the edge of the board outline.
- Reliable 3 mil minimum soldermask sliver
- ENEPIG plating

For Flex-Circuit Assembly: Remember, this is all on a flex circuit, NOT a rigid. This requires very good fixturing.
- Double-Sided Flex Circuit assembly. 90% on top, 10% on back
- Down to 01005 SMTs, which can also be placed even on the edges of the board, 8 mils from board edge
- WLCSPs @ 0.4mm Pitch, of all sizes, including a 2x2 (0.8mm x 0.8mm IC), and up to a 9x9 ball.
- QFN, LGA, etc.
- Only 5-6 mils spacing between SMT component pads
- Only 6 mils spacing between WLCSPs and 01005s

BONUS: If possible also able to assemble and wirebond dies. We do have a non-PCB Fab vendor for this but we'd like to find a one-stop shop.

If you know of any places that can do this or possibly close, please let me know, this is a big help for our project.

Thanks,
-Peter

https://bayareacircuits.com/fabrication/

- - - Updated - - -

When you have such specific requirements, it's a good idea to contact the fabricator and talk with the lead technology engineer...

Thank, yes I always do that.

This company does not do assembly looks like. I can find many companies which can to the flex circuit, but no one can assemble it. Based on their site, it looks like they work with an asia house.

- Looking for an advance PCB fabricator + Assembler
- Looking for an advanced PCB Assembler

I will contact them anyways to see if they have a partner for assembly, hopefully they can support it.

Have you used them before? What kind of technology did you run with them?

Thanks,
-Pete

Thank, yes I always do that.

This company does not do assembly looks like. I can find many companies which can to the flex circuit, but no one can assemble it. Based on their site, it looks like they work with an asia house.

- Looking for an advance PCB fabricator + Assembler
- Looking for an advanced PCB Assembler

I will contact them anyways to see if they have a partner for assembly, hopefully they can support it.

Have you used them before? What kind of technology did you run with them?

Thanks,
-Pete

Anybody? =/

If Sierra Circuits cannot fabricate and assemble it it cannot be done.

I might suggest a rigid 4 mil sub-layer applied to PFC bottom for coplanar panel areas as a 2 or 4 layer design for a more reliable design for BGA

1mil mask features no problem. 2mil track/gaps no problem, 1.5 depends on design and finished track thickness with etchback factor.

Amit will guide you on best options or ask for his dad, Ken Bahl if he is still around. He runs a world class quickturn do any fab with any materials, they do Turnkey Assy, no problem with no tooling costs. ( Tell Ken, Tony Stewart sent you from Winnipeg. )

If Sierra Circuits cannot fabricate and assemble it it cannot be done.

I might suggest a rigid 4 mil sub-layer applied to PFC bottom for coplanar panel areas as a 2 or 4 layer design for a more reliable design for BGA

1mil mask features no problem. 2mil track/gaps no problem, 1.5 depends on design and finished track thickness with etchback factor.

Amit will guide you on best options or ask for his dad, Ken Bahl if he is still around. He runs a world class quickturn do any fab with any materials, they do Turnkey Assy, no problem with no tooling costs. ( Tell Ken, Tony Stewart sent you from Winnipeg. )

Hey Sunny,

Thanks for the suggestion. I know Sierra quite well, in fact, they are making a board for me right now as well. They are pretty good actually, but quite expensive. I have also met Amit before in the past, small world. The only issue I have is if they have mass production capabilities. In the end, I need a house that can deliver 35K units/ month to me. I do not think Sierra is at this level...but I agree with you they are good.

thanks,
-Peter

I used to be an Ops Mgr for an SMT R&D shop in AMR biz where I did all the Flex Cct buys and also Eng Mgr at CMAC EMS (long time ago before they sold out Solectron then Flextronics)

. We used Tektronix shop in Beaverton, when they changed names (forgot) and another in Korea.

- - - Updated - - -

Also anyone with the best Philips SMT equipment can make board and stuff in continuous process.

So I am long in tooth, but with motivation could locate best Turnkey source again. Pls advise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back