Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for a tricolor LED (RGY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

egemini

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello
I am looking for a tri color LED with RED, Green and Yellow color.
I could not find a part number/ datasheet
Please help.
thank you

tricolor led datasheet

Take a look at OStar Projection LED on the www.osram-os.com website.
It will give you all the colours you want.

bimbla.

tri colour led design

I require a 3 chip tri-color LED.
Not a bi-color LED.
thanks

tri-colour led red/green/yellow

Dear IanP
the link you pointed does not have a RGY tricolour led , it have an RGB led.
But that is not my requirement.
any way thanks for your time..........

I still have to find it

tri color led green yellow red

have a look at
sharp -- GM5WA06270A

RGB LED in a single 6 pin SMD package, rated for 35mA. 3000 mcd.

I am based in Austrlia, if you need any.
MovingBait Ü

tricolor led

I require a 3 chip tri-color LED.
Not a bi-color LED.

A red-green bicolor LED really is a tri color LED. When both the red and green are turned on simultaneously, you see yellow. It isn't necessary to manufacture a three special tri color device to do the job, so most manufacturers don't bother.

The three lead LED that displays the three colors does so by having the green emitting chip in series with the red emitting chip, and the common lead between the two diodes. When the common current flows in one direction, the color is green. When the current flows in the opposite direction, the color is red. Finally, when both chips are powered you see yellow. Remember that the light primary colors are not the same as pigment primary colors. In the world of light, colors are subtractive - RED+GREEN=YELLOW. You can even use PWM to control the visible hue. An example of a three lead LED that will produce red yellow and green can be seen at:
**broken link removed**

If you experiment with any bi color red/green LED, you will be able to produce yellow in addition to red and green when you power both red and green simultaneously.

If you really need three separate chips, you'll have to go with a device that mounts three discrete dies on a neutral substrate. An example of such a product can be seen at:
http://capacitors.electronic.com.tw/smt-led/tri-color-led-lamp.htm
Look closely at the data sheet and you will find one with the three colors you seek.

Re: Tri color LED

No, it's not really a tri-color LED, it relies on persistence of vision to produce the sensation of yellow, it does not (as far as I know) produce yellow light as saturated as a true yellow LED.

One could design traffic lights using such LEDs too, and it would work for anyone who can recognise standard traffic signal colours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back