Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for a SMPS designer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for a designer.

Hi terry.

Voltage and power?

Re: Looking for a designer.

Input 110vac through 240vac

Output 425vdc 100ma

Added after 3 hours 58 minutes:

Here is an idea, but I would need to source parts to build and that is my problem. Where could I get T1 from?

**broken link removed**

This is my problem with making SMPS's, I can't find a source for RF transformers. I guess I will have to make my own.

T

Looking for a designer.

I've read some PWM's application notes, I think there are commercial transformers that you can use.

There's a huge market in SMPS's, do you think that transformer manufacturers would just sit and wait for us to request them for custom ones?

Do you know the book "practical switched mode power supply design" by Marty Brown?

Re: Looking for a designer.

stan4 said:
I've read some PWM's application notes, I think there are commercial transformers that you can use.

I haven't been able to find any except the very most common for computer power supplies. If you find any let me know.

stan4 said:
There's a huge market in SMPS's, do you think that transformer manufacturers would just sit and wait for us to request them for custom ones?

I don't think the PWM parts suppliers are even considering the custom market. The only ones I have been able to find have a minimum order quanity of 2000.

stan4 said:
Do you know the book "practical switched mode power supply design" by Marty Brown?

No, I haven't read much in books just re-engineered what I have seen. I get the concepts and the suppliers of chips have plenty of support for designs using their PWM chips and output mosfets. What is lacking like I said before is the open source of the materials needed.

Any help would be appreciated.

T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back