Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for a simple Theramin schematic

Status
Not open for further replies.

biff44

Advanced Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Does anyone have a schematic for a SIMPLE theramin (musical instrument)? I want to make one for a Christmas present, but all the schematics I find online are a little too complicated to throw together in one afternoon.

Re: Theramin circuit

biff44 said:
Does anyone have a schematic for a SIMPLE theramin (musical instrument)? I want to make one for a Christmas present, but all the schematics I find online are a little too complicated to throw together in one afternoon.

Hi Biff,
Perhaps you can find a simple schematic here http://www.thereminworld.com/schematics.asp

TOK ;)

Re: Theramin circuit

Thanks, but I browsed thru that one already. The theremin has two oscillators (~ 400 KHz), one tunable by your hand's capacitance, that beat together to form an audio tone. All of these circuits I have found so far have discrete transistors for oscillators, buffers, converters, etc, something like 50 components when I am done with it.. I was thinking there should be a higher level of integration chip out there (maxim, adi, freescale) that would have the two oscillators and an RF mixer onboard already, maybe a TV tuner frontend or IF strip chip.

Theramin circuit

perhaps you can try to use superheterodyne IC chip. I dot know whether there is 2 stage receiver chip, so for one stage downconverting chip you will need to add one oscillator (assuming there is one builtin oscillator in chip plus mixer and amplifier).

Status
Not open for further replies.