Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for a schematic of a prepaid water meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

reyge

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dear friends,

does anyone have a schematic or datasheet for a prepaid water meter? I know that using prepaid water meter systems are illegal in some countries. I am just interested on how to electronically acquire water meter reading and stop water flow.

Thanks

water meter gsm prepaid

u'll have to use flow sensor and solenoid valve

prepaid meter schematic system

Also, i am interested on how to interface the water meter to a GSM module or LAN. Instead of making the water meter from scratch, I might just buy it. I already found such systems in the internet but I could not find them in our country and the products posted in the internet do not have detailed information about their specs. thanks!

prepaid water meters schematic

reyge said:
dear friends,

does anyone have a schematic or datasheet for a prepaid water meter? I know that using prepaid water meter systems are illegal in some countries. I am just interested on how to electronically acquire water meter reading and stop water flow.

Thanks

here you can take sensor for different level of water.
according to this sensor's output data will transmitted to MCU and based on the such compatible coding you can use it. this is the idea for your project..

project + water meter + mcu

Hi,
In comparison with Electrical Energy meters, I expect you can find electronic flow meters which will give a potential free contact pulse output for a definite quantity (say 1000 liters) of water consumed. This pulse output can be directly connected to a microcontroller pin and can be integrated by the micro by simple counting. This micro can be used to interface with a GSM modem/phone to transmit the data to remote if required, or can be used to locally display also.

Regards,
Laktronics

Re: prepaid water meter

Many water meters have a magnet attached to the last digit of the register.

This operates a reed relay to represent use of water.

Gas meters also us ethe same idea.

Valve is a bistable magnetic latch type so can be battery operated.

I designed one of these devices a few years ago for a UK meter company.

prepaid water meter

Thanks for the replies!

I think its going to be more tedious if I build the electronic meter myself because I'll just be making a prototype of a electronic water meter system much like the electric meter systems. I already looked at websites that sell/market these such as Neptune and several Chinese manufacturers. However, they only give a list of the available meters and their capabilities. What I am looking for is more like a user manual of a prepaid water meter or a water meter that can measure water flow and stop it electronically. This will help me decide on possible interfaces between the water meter and a network. Here is an example of a water meter that I want to have its user manual:
http://www.hxgroup.cn/productview.asp?id=163
The site only provides an overview of the product ( I think).

If anyone have suggestions for the electronic meter system, please share them. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.