Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for a replacement of 68000

Status
Not open for further replies.

mImoto

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am looking for a good replacement for a 68000. I just have seen the coldfire family but I would appreciate any suggestion.

Is there any coldfire that can import the assembler of a 68000 directly or by translating in a quick way with other programme.

- I would like that the micro has built in graphic controller (not essential).
- Low cost.
- Low cost development environment.

thanks a lot and best regards,

mimoto

dragonball 68000 compatibility

mImoto said:
I am looking for a good replacement for a 68000. I just have seen the coldfire family but I would appreciate any suggestion.

Is there any coldfire that can import the assembler of a 68000 directly or by translating in a quick way with other programme.

- I would like that the micro has built in graphic controller (not essential).
- Low cost.
- Low cost development environment.
To try to survey Motorola's DragonBall series such like as:
MC68EZ328/MC68VZ328/MC68SZ328.
All of them have built in LCD controller and full compatibility with 68K.
The list price of EZ328 is under US$5, I think it will be under US$3 for large QTY.
BTW, the ColdFire did not build in LCDC, but you could translate 68K code
in Assembly Source Code level.
If you'd like to use more strong one, try MC9328MX1/L (ARM9 core).
It supports TFT, list price less than US$10.

coldfire replacement for dragonball

Motorola has two tools

1) CF68KLIB - allow 68K, CPU32, and CPU32+ software to run directly on the ColdFire Processor (Versions 3 & 4) by means of emulation

2) PortASM/68K - Translate your 68K, CPU32, and CPU32+ assembly source code to the ColdFire Processor

You can find them here
**broken link removed**

jzo

converting 68000 to coldfire

Are there also source code translator for the 68000 to the DragonBall or powerPc?.

The idea would be to tranlate assembler code for the 68000 directly to a DragonBall / PowerPC or Coldfire. Depending on which is the better in terms of time to translate the code I will choose one.

Anyonw has experience with the Coldfire/68000 assembler translator? is it good enough and reliable?

Best regards,

mimoto

It seems that for all Motorola 32bits microprocessor family, Motorola give software to convert 68k ASM to the new microprocessor ASM.

It's also true for MPC8xx PowerPC processor family.

Regards,

TOTO2001

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back