Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for a lightweight 32-bit MCU

Status
Not open for further replies.

simonpe

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi!

This is my first post here and I haven't got much of a "feel" for these forums yet so I'll just shoot and hope that I'll live to see tomorrow.

Im having rather small MCU requirements on my next project. Specifically I'm looking for a 32-bit microcontroller, as cheap as possible and the only requirements are that it packs UART and SPI/I2C functionality.

So anyone know of some 32-bit microcontroller with built in Flash, SRAM, minimum 1xUART, minimum 1xI2C/SPI. As small as possible, as low powered as possible and as cheap as possible.

Simon

The AT32UC3B from Atmel, featuring 3 USARTS, USB and SPI. Comes in a 48 pin TQFP package and prices range from U$6.. to U$8.00 (Digikey).

simonpe

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
pauloynski said:
The AT32UC3B from Atmel, featuring 3 USARTS, USB and SPI. Comes in a 48 pin TQFP package and prices range from U$6.. to U$8.00 (Digikey).

Seems interesting enough, thanks!

Any more suggestions?

Apart from this I suggest your taking a good look at the ARM mcus from Atmel, NXP and SMT.

Status
Not open for further replies.