Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for a level sensor for oil tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

vahid

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I'm looking for a level sensor for oil tank
this sensor detec three level :full ,medium and low

petrol level sensor

vahid said:
Hi
I'm looking for a level sensor for oil tank
this sensor detec three level :full ,medium and low

Article said:
Water level can be measured with many types of sensors; pressure transducers, bubblers, shaft encoders, or ultrasonic sensors. The location where you are measuring water level, the accuracy required, and the ease of installation all contribute to determining the best water level sensor for your measurement site.
Pls visit here **broken link removed**

level fuel

This post remind me few months ago when I was at Petrol station (Gas station), I saw 2 staffs at the petrol station using a long stick/ruler to measure the level of petrol stored underground. Then, I asked myself. Did we really need to use a long ruler to measure it? I believe there must be a better way to measure, e.g. using ultrasonic or more technological approach. Or, using long rule is more economically? :)

300 oil tank calucation

hi

the sensor types depend on types of oil so please be more specific so i guide you how you make oil sensor to measure level in tank as oil is a flamable

how car oil level sensor works

I got envolved in a oil metering system .. I came up with a new approach .because as the previous person mentionned .The problem with flammable substances and electronics is the possibility of a spark .So they are very hard to be adopted .It has to pass lots of testing ... so ultimatly the old method of a stick is good .But is labor intensive .My invention now pattented consisted on a IR temperature meter
by scanning with the device is possible to detect the level of the tank from outside
then is just a matter of easy calculation .. It works pretty good with oil .But is bad with gasses

oil tank sensor

eltonjohn said:
I got envolved in a oil metering system .. I came up with a new approach .because as the previous person mentionned .The problem with flammable substances and electronics is the possibility of a spark .So they are very hard to be adopted .It has to pass lots of testing ... so ultimatly the old method of a stick is good .But is labor intensive .My invention now pattented consisted on a IR temperature meter
by scanning with the device is possible to detect the level of the tank from outside
then is just a matter of easy calculation .. It works pretty good with oil .But is bad with gasses
Yes... I agree with Fragrance and eltonjohn that oil is flammable and this probably the reason why the stick ruler is still the preferred method.
eltonjohn, I guess you know that the oil or petrol is kept underground at petrol station. Do you think your method is applicable in this scenario? Thanks :)

stick ruler measure oil tank

Nicleo ..My design is only used in CAPTATION tanks .These are small STORAGE tanks for oil produccing wells .There are about half a milion of these 300 oil barrel tanks in the US alone .. and because these oil wells produce about 5 barrels a day .The monitoring is done by people .SO there is lot to be done to be done .But you find these tanks close to homes these days .So to put electronics is a PROBLEM! any monitoring system has to be NON INTRUSIVE to avoid a SPARK!

how to measure level of petrol in storage tanks

eltonjohn said:
My design is only used in CAPTATION tanks .These are small STORAGE tanks for oil produccing wells .There are about half a milion of these 300 oil barrel tanks in the US alone .. and because these oil wells produce about 5 barrels a day. The monitoring is done by people .SO there is lot to be done to be done. But you find these tanks close to homes these days. So to put electronics is a PROBLEM! any monitoring system has to be NON INTRUSIVE to avoid a SPARK!
I see. Thanks for the information.
By the way, when doing measurement using your device, the level of the oil insides the tanks needs to be 'static'? Let's say we put a CAPTATION tank on a vehicle. When the vehicle moves on a non-flat surface, the level of the oil insides the tank would not stay 'statically'. So, can we measure the level of oil in such situation? Thanks.

zigbee oil tank level

You can use a oressure sensor to replace the oil level sensor! It's useful!

de mars level sensor

i need oil engin sensor to used in the electric generator

oil sensor

For tank depth ultrasonics seems the best approach (see Prowave for components http://www.prowave.com.tw/english/index.htm ... or Murata and many others).

For moving and tilted tanks a tilt sensor or 2-D accelerometer can be used to determine the static and dynamic tilt and accelerations of of the measurement station on the tank top. (example: **broken link removed** there are many others)

For telemetry Mesh Network controllers have nice properties when there are multiple tanks are near (line of sight up to a few kilometers). There are WiFi and BlueTooth (Zigbee) type meshes and public software (example http://openwrt.org )

P.S. For engine oil sensor magnetostrictive positioning is a good method. http://www.acam.de/index.php?id=55&L=0

vehicle oil level probe

how about car fuel indicator will the ultrasonoc work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back