Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for a LED driver with parallel port communication

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vauxdvihl

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi friends,

i want to drive some leds via parallel port of my computer.
Does anybody knows a got ic, where i can send via (eg hex commands) parallel prt commands to drive different leds. Each command drives another led

Thank you for your help
regards

seven segment drive with hef4094

its my graduated poroject in the university
and i controoled it by many waies
some of thiem is using c++ language
and realy its work
:D:idea:

hef4094 7 segment display circuit

You will need current driver to make the LED brightly, try UDN 2981 to give more current at each pin.

Re: Search LED Driver

I am quite interested in your topic..Could you post the schematic? I have done microcontroller interfacing to 7-segment led display n control using assembly language...I feel like want to try control through my pc...how? Can teach me...Thanks

Search LED Driver

it depends what type of LED, for a simple red LED it is enough just a 244 or 245 and maybe some resistor.

How many leds do you want to drive?

I want to drive 26 LEDs

dears
i hope that all of you take this advise from me
i work to control adot matrix display
its consists at least 6400 led
and realy i succsed in controling it with agood lighting
but i used aver cheap and very high out put with very low input
is called the OPTOCOUPLER (4n25)

try to use it
it is so good ....

note ( be carful when you connicting its pins )

good luck :D:idea:

check this:

Search LED Driver

You can use a driver like the MAX7219 or M5450

bye

Yo dude,i've just registered to this site and i found lots of interesting stuff. May be i can help you for this problem :D

For a small number of LED maybe you can use the pin dedicated on parallel port. The port it itself can drive enough current for one led (approx. 20mA) current. But still you need series resistance to limit it (220Ω). But if you want to get a precise value try to calculate it with some of kirchoff laws, not forgetting the voltage for the LED and its forward current.

If you want more safety circuit for your computer, just use some of optoisolator/optocoupler (TLP524 series) and it will protect your PC from various voltage surge hazards.

if you want to control lots of LED just use some extension device (8255 PPI IC for example) or try to use a serial to parrarel converter (HEF4094) which can be cascaded for more parrale data needed and you just need 3 line control from your parrarel port (for Clock, Data, and strobe) Even you can use combination for the circuit to get faster data transfer.

if you want a circuit just hit me at jal_rule@yahoo.com and i'll try to hit you back. just tell me the circuit specification you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back