Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for a homemade speaker design

Status
Not open for further replies.
homemade speaker

jorgito that was a very good link you sent. Itss worth the time of construction and having a good understanding of how to build even large ones
thanks

Re: homemade speaker

This speaker in the above link is ok for amatuer/experimental purpose. Not for good music listening.

homemade speaker

YEs, but is a building block to great sound productio.

To improve the sound drastically, you can start by increasing the tickness of the paper, change the plastic cup to fibre and add a vibration pivot which would enable bass sound production. i will give a tutorial on how to build a better one very soon.

cheers

yes, by increasing the weight of the cone, low frequency response improves but high frequency reduces. Further u hv to check the linearity of frequency response. To check frequency response requires acoustical room & test equipments.
Hope this clarifies what i mean.

homemade speaker

palesha,

Do you have a link or text on building speakers, that talks about how to increase frequency response

Simply study the construction of midrange speaker & tweeter. U will understand a lot. The cone should be light & stiff/strong. This helps to get more high frequency response. Also the voice coil weight & spider stiffness plays a big role in frequency response & resonant frequency.
I hv tried to explain u in short & simple way.
There r books on this subject available with audio express.

homemade speaker

thanks i will do just that

it is really good as it shows how the speaker works thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back