Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for a good mathematics book for engineers

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfheart_2001

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
mathematic book

hi,

the topic may looks silly to be introduced here, but in fact all real designes require a deep knowledge of mathematics specially fourier,laplace transforms and probabilities.

i coudnt find a book take you from ground upward like the "complete reference" series for example,rather they are going deep in stupid mathematics theories which are not useful at all for engineers and most the books i saw step over critical and important points which im sure thousands of engineers may lost in their universiety studies.

so, if anyone know a real good book disscuss mathematics for engineers in step by step manner and have experienced it him/herself send me its name

thanx all

Re: mathematic book?

I faced the same problem .. yet, I guess u have to go through more than only one book .. like for Fourier for example, u can go for the DSP handbook .. and for Calculus, u can refer to Calculus Bible ..
Anyhow .. there is a good mathematics book looks like from ground up indeed .. but not very much into engineering applications .. this book is called :
Applied mathematics - Olver P.J., Shakiban C.
I guess it's available here for download .. if not, tell me and I will upload it for u ..
Regards

How good you are at mathematics does not depend on how many books you have read. Rather, it depnds on how far you have gone to solve problems. The entire quantum mechanics is based on a single PDE --schrodinger equation. Solving that equation is better than reading 10 quantum mechanics books.
Therefore, I don't think there is any big difference which book to read if you are only looking for a short cut. Good luck.

I am guessing you might be interested in learning about set theory (axiomatic or naive) as a starting point. This combined with logic seem to form the foundation of all mathmatics.

From there, make sure you study some real-analysis. There is probably not a single text book that covers everything from the ground up, but if you study these topics, it will provide a solid foundation for the more applied topics.

All you said , you can find it in Haykin-s book, signal and system you can find laplace, fourier and Z transform, the probability is better explained in Haykin communicacion book, but in this topic you would like to check ou the Lathi-s book.

mathematic book?

personally, i learned fourier series and laplace transform thru a mathematics text book named ;
Book - Advanced Engineering Mathematics, 2nd Ed., 2000
Author - Zill, D.G. and Cullen, M.R

But then i'm using 2 more engineering approach reference books that discuss mistly about Z-transform, Fourier Series, Laplace Transform
1) Introduction To Signals n Systems 2nd edition
Author - Edward W.Kamen
Publisher - Maxwell Macmillan Int. Edition

2) Continuous n Discrete Signals n Systems 2nd edition
Author - Samir S.Soliman, Mandyam D.Srinath
Publisher - Prentice Hall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back