Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for a good FPGA board

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisRR

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
fpga board

Hi, sorry if this is in the wrong section.

I have only done a small bit of FPGA programming before and I would like to buy a development board so that I can learn VHDL. I am pretty much a beginner to FPGAs (but not to electronics, being a 4th year MEng Electronics student) so obviously I'm not looking for anything huge or powerful, just something to tinker with.

I'd like something in a lower price range with still decent quality (not sure what a good price range for an FPGA board is really) so can anyone suggest decent FPGA boards that they may have had experience with.

Also preferably I'd like a board that has some built in inputs and outputs. I've always liked the boards from MikroElektronica that have lots of inputs and outputs on the board and more hardware available in plug-in modules. https://www.mikroe.com/en/tools/easypic5/
I'm that kind of person that when I'm trying to focus on learning to program, can't really be bothered to faff about with untidy bits of wire and breadboards and the such.

If anyone could help that would greatly appreciated.

I quite like the look of either the DE0 board or the BASYS2 board. I've briefly used the BASYS board before.

But before I drop any money on one of them, do people have any preferences to either of these boards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back