Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for a detailed schematic of a N-Connector jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kabrera

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I'm using CST MWS to design a slotted waveguide but I'm having some problems with the feeding.
I've design the N connector jack but I'm just can't get the plug right. Does anyone has a Plug draw? The ones I found on the net doesn't have all the details I need.
Thanks!

João Rodrigues

Re: N-Connector

**broken link removed**

Thanks but I've seen more datasheets like this one and I still can't design one in CST. Tha datasheet doesn't specify the length of the dielectric and the inner measures are refered to a Reference Plane hard to understand.
But thanks anyway for your concern!
Best regards

I've seen more datasheets like this one and I still can't design one in CST.
I think it's rather easy. All datasheet's "like this" are only specifying the external interface dimensions, not the internal dimensions. These are also unspecified by the original MIL standard, as you may want to check.

Some manufacturers (e.g. Huber&Suhner) have also 3D-CAD (step) models. Did you check, if they also contain the "internal" dimensions? Otherwise, you would need to acquire all dimensions yourself from a diassembled connector.

The reference plane definition is almost obvious, in my opinion. It's referring to a well-defined plane of the plug(m) and the corresponding plane of the mated jack(f).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back