Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Looking for a CCS ICDS bootloader

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

ccs icds bootloader help

I have ICD1 and I use it with ccsicd at 20MHz.Does anyone have a functioning bootloader for use with it?
Greetings

Re: ccs icds bootloader help

Hi Dragan,

I'm going to make one ICD for myself and could you tell me whether is it working or not? What are the problems you have encountered so far?

Regards

:D :D :D

Hi Dragan,
Try this **broken link removed**
I just finished my icd on my own board and bootloader in ICD-S software work for me!
Best,

I Had no problems except ,I had to change up voltage converter to fixed 13V and apply 16VDC For input voltage.
Greetings
Dragan

I can not start the ICD - it dont want's to communicate after I download bootload.hex from CCS directory.Any hints for configuration of the PIC fuses ?? I am using CCS 3.182+ICDS 2.7. ICD is working fine with OSC at 20MHz and firmware 1.23

Any help appreciated
Greetings
Dragan

Hi dragan!

I have read the thread where you discuss your problems with ICDS. I beleave I have the same bugs. ICDS works fine with 20Mhz crystall, but a firmware update is impossible. Well, I try to update it, it does not work anoymore and the firmware seems to get corrupted. Then I have to extract manually right firmware wrom "icdfirmware-01-23.fw" file.

When I change target to PIC18 I have to remove PIC from the ICD and reprogram it by the PROPIC programmer.

However with 3.68 crystall everything works just fine!

I think we both need a bootload.hex file for 20MHz version! Maybe, the best is if someone gets a firmware from original ICDS-20? Or maybbe you have solved this problem?

Regards!

NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back