Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for a 5V DC power supply circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saham.kh

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi...

im looking for a circuit to role as a safe power supply for my board.
my board run on 5v DC and im looking or a circuit to prepare 5vDC output in the input range of 10-60 v DC and 12-30 v AC or something like that...
my board suppose to work on an industrial environment... so any idea results in safety operation will help me ... thank u

Re: Power supply circuit

The LM2575HV is a good candidate for this job ..
It accepts any input voltage between 8Vdc(5V version) to 60Vdc, or with rectifier diode/bridge on input up to 42Vac, which is more than you need ..
Here are its details:
**broken link removed**

Regards,
IanP

Saham.kh

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

You can use a DC-DC converter with electrical isolation.

Some popular manufacturers are, C&D Technologies, Astec, Lambda and Traco Power.

If your source is AC, rectify it.

You can using MC3406, it's good for DC-DC, very simple,

You can try the following dc-dc IC.
lm2576, lm2575

**broken link removed**

LM2575HVT is indeed a good solution for industrial applications. I use them already for over 10 years in professional event lighting equipment ( Rock&Roll) and they never give a problem.
One tip. Be sure the freewheel diode is soldered properly on a PCB. When 'open' at one side your electronics and the chip will give smoke. (prototype experience....)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back