Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for a >130 pin header connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plecto

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi. I'm working on my bachelor project where I need an at least 130 pin header connector, much like the ones you see on old hard drives. I've looked for them on Mouser, but I can't find anything satisfying. I think the ideal would be to have either two or three rows and have the pins through hole and right angled, another alternative would be to have solder cups and wires going from the connector to the board (which is naturally less ideal). One issue is that I have no appropriate way of making a rectangular hole so I was hoping to find a connector that could hide any irregularities around the hole, but that might be asking too much. I really need some help with this and I'm open for ideas, different types of connectors might work as well. Are these connectors called "pin header connectors" or might they go by a different way?

**broken link removed**

You're jumping into details instead of telling the whole story. What is the connection type, is it wire-to-board (like the shown 40-pin HDD PATA connector). Kind of signals (current, voltage, frequency range), acceptable dimensions and PCB grid. What kind of cable for the "wire" side?

The shown connector type is designed for flat ribbon cables with IDC receptacle and is only made up to 64 pins. So it won't fit your request.

If you tell a bit more about the project objective, Edaboard members can probably suggest a specific solution.

The connection type is wire-to-board, yes. The wire side will be made to fit whatever plug I go for. Signal is in the Mhz range, peak voltages of 100V, but no current to speak of (mA or less). The image was just to show the type of connector I was thinking of, but it doesn't have to be exactly like that. To put it simply, there are at least 130 points on a PCB that has to get to the outside of the box it's in through a connector of some kind :)

Try searching samtec connectors and cables. I'm not sure about 2-row connector, but there are a lot of 4+ rows connectors. At first sight I found SEAF-SEAC board-cable solution. These are high-speed/high density with working voltage of 240 V. As for flat cables for IDC, I haven't seen more than 80 pins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back