Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for a 1.5V microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeleC

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello
Im searching for a uC that operates on a 1.5V AAA batery with at least 14 in/out, spi, 8k flash memory ,256 EEPROM.
can i find such uC?
thank you.

microcontroller 1.5v

Hi,

1.4V is too low as far as i know . But u can get a good number of controllers operating at 1.8 V .MSP430 is a good choice

1.5V microcontroller

I think rajeshkumar is right. There are several hundred millivolts dropped across junctions, which makes low voltage use difficult. If you are trying to run a micro off a single cell, may I suggest you consider 3v lithium. You could always use an up converter, but will have to contend with switching noise. If you take this approach, there are a wide range of micros that will run on 3v.

Re: 1.5V microcontroller

ZeleC said:
hello
Im searching for a uC that operates on a 1.5V AAA batery with at least 14 in/out, spi, 8k flash memory ,256 EEPROM.
can i find such uC?
thank you.

i'll say that please search on manufracturer's website like ATMEL, PHILLIPS etc..

Re: 1.5V microcontroller

0.9V Microcontroller

The C8051F9xx is the industry’s first MCU family capable of full-spec operation down to 0.9 V and up to 3.6 V, enabling single-cell battery operation as well as dramatically increasing battery life for dual-cell applications.

https://www.silabs.com/tgwWebApp/pu...lers/LowVoltage_LowPower/en/lowvoltagemcu.htm

Added after 1 minutes:

0.9V Microcontroller

The C8051F9xx is the industry’s first MCU family capable of full-spec operation down to 0.9 V and up to 3.6 V, enabling single-cell battery operation as well as dramatically increasing battery life for dual-cell applications.

https://www.silabs.com/tgwWebApp/pu...lers/LowVoltage_LowPower/en/lowvoltagemcu.htm

ZeleC

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.