Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for 74x & 4xxx series datasheets

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxpwny

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm looking to build up a library of 74xx & 4xxx series datasheets. I know TI first developed the 74xx series of TTL chips - but I AM NOT interested in TI datasheets. I do not like the format.

I'd be very grateful if anyone could point me towards any online sources for datasheets. Yes, I have heard of Google, and yet I ask.

Thanks !

Hi,

any other semiconductor manufacturer provides those datasheets and many online datasheet providers do, too.

Or is this an April´s joke?

Klaus

Hi,

any other semiconductor manufacturer provides those datasheets and many online datasheet providers do, too.

Or is this an April´s joke?

Klaus

A typical response from you as I expected.

* Engineer's Notebook by Forrest Mims III, chockfull of information on the 7400 family and 4000 family. He gives a page or two to individual IC's, with pinouts and pointers on how to operate them. Also schematics showing useful applications. (Many want it for their library because it's on Ebay for many times the 2 dollars my copy cost me in 1980 at Radio Shack.) You may find it available to read free on a website.

* National Semiconductor published thick books with data on IC's of every sort. Analog, digital. With circuit ideas. Seeing that they became TI I suppose the format is unchanged. Hard to get around it.

Thank you very much Brad. I found a site called bitsavers.org. They don't have many individual 74xx data sheets, but they have hundred of full data books in PDF format.

archive.org also has many databooks scanned to PDF.

CD4000 originated with RCA and their earlier datasheets
had a lot more useful data than became the norm later.
Believe they were also first to 74HC CMOS.

A typical response from you as I expected.
You expected it, so you also know why ;-)

Out of curiosity i did an internet search: "74HC595 filetype: pdf"
there are 15,000 hits.
The first one is from NXP.

So even the first one meets all what you are asking for in your post#1:
* datasheet
* 74xx
* not from TI

What´s wrong with this one?
What´s wrong with the other 14,999 ones?
What did I miss?

Klaus

I know this thread is a few weeks old but FWIW, my favourite site for datasheets is datasheetarchive.com. I like it because, unlike many other sites, they don't lead you in circles first before letting you view or download the datasheet.

Hi,

datasheets
my recommendation: always visit the manufacturer´s internet site. There you get the most up to date information and you usually get additional information like:
* application notes
* design notes
* software tools
* simulation models
* evaluation boards and their documentation
* production state
* similar parts (overview, selection guide...)

Klaus

On the other hand many major mfrs have started
to "disappear" obsoleted products' collateral from
their web sites. I like to collect old-timey databooks
fro as early as possible as the manufacturers were a
lot more forthcoming with design and physical
details, back when engineers ran the companies.

Status
Not open for further replies.