Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for 434MHz receiver circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kick

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hiii all,

I want to design a 434MHz receiver circuit. The main requirements are 434MHz receiving part,Microcontroller(most probably PIC24) and GLCD (capacitive/resistive). So my doubts are.

1. 434MHz antenna circuit(suggest a small size antenna) and Can I interface this part directly with uC or required any intermediate IC?
2. GLCD interfacing with uC. Can I do direct interfacing??

Googled alot but did not get any satisfied result.

Aim: PCB should be size of GLCD (whichever is suitable).

434 MHz is a slightly lower frequency than our TV channel 14. Your project probably can use similar equipment as for receiving and amplifying tv frequencies.

As for antenna size, it is based on wavelength.

The site below has an online calculator. For most efficient detection of 434 MHz, you can expect to your antenna to be a few feet wide.

**broken link removed**

I miss any definition of your SYSTEM. At 434 it sounds like a short-range remote control (like car-key).
You can use a bare diode detector with a half-wave dipole if you transmit enough power to it.
Microcontroller is not a part of the receiver, it only processes receiver output.

Even for very basic receiver sensitivity and selectivity requirements, you would go for a 433 MHz receiver IC, or a special microcontroller with built-in receiver circuit.

Reactions: Kick

Kick

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Even for very basic receiver sensitivity and selectivity requirements, you would go for a 433 MHz receiver IC, or a special microcontroller with built-in receiver circuit.

Could you please suggest me some ICs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back