Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Lookinf for Low Cost Graphical LCD display

Status
Not open for further replies.

orione

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
glcd odt

Hello friends,

many e-shops are selling Graphical LCD displays with integrated controller but it seems to me that they are still too much expensive (30-40$ for a simple 128x64). I'm looking for low cost LCD with integrated controller (with basic commands) starting from 128x64 pixels and backlight.

Do you know a good LCD brand and a place where it is possible to buy some display (with standard or not standard controller) at low cost?

Thank you for your help

low cost 128x128 lcd display

Does anyone know a dealer of cheap LCD displays within the the European Union?

low cost 128x64 graphic lcd display

I bought some 128x64 LCD with controller (KS0108) 27 Euros / 1 piece

**broken link removed**

Regards

Thanks but i don't understand french.
Does anyone know a dealer of cheap LCD displays within the the European Union? In english, german or danish.

Check the flea market in your area for some POS terminals. Many have a graphic LCD, and can be found for a ridiculous price.

Look Graph. LCD from Mobile phones (for example Nokia 5110, 62XX )...

I would go down to a surplus store. You can usually find them for a few bucks. I can pick up a laptop LCD display for about 10.00 CAN

Also have a look over at Earth Computers... w w w.flat-panel.com. They buy up surplus and somtimes have specials on the size you are looking for...

shop

quite cheap lcds
**broken link removed**

regards

cancel

What is a POS terminal?

I've recently bought 150 pieces of 128x64 powertip display at Cefra, italy. you can find it on web www.cefra.it cost is about 12 euro each.
works good

The mobile phone displays from nokia seams to be a choice if you only ned a smaller one, Nokia 3310 graphic LCD (84*48 pixel).

I searched a bit and the cheapest place I found to buy them was at the YAMPP web shop, check Misc. Parts...

**broken link removed**

Any one know of a cheaper place?

re Me

nokia 3310 LCD is $2.5-$3 here (84x48 resolution with SPI like interface 3V3)

Ericsson R320 LCD is $6. It is 10? x 64 pixel. It has similar controller with 3310 LCD.

I make a simple waveform display up to 25kHz with PIC. (A simple 0-5V level oscilloscope with in-PIC trigger algorithm) I plan to do implement it with a faster (>40MSPS ADC , Xilinx CPLD and 12ns RAM and PIC for displaying)

I also bought an 128x128 LCD from ebay €10...
Waiting for it to play with it...

Sobakava said:
I make a simple waveform display up to 25kHz with PIC. (A simple 0-5V level oscilloscope with in-PIC trigger algorithm) I plan to do implement it with a faster (>40MSPS ADC , Xilinx CPLD and 12ns RAM and PIC for displaying)

Why not to use the new Xilinx Spartan3? Internal BlockRAM is fast enough to be used as storage for samples, and logical part can be used to implement simple uC to control LCD. Also, quite sofisticated triggering events can be easy programmed. I know, that X3S200 can be bought for less than 19$.

Ace-X.

Using single/bigger chip is a good idea. I already implemented parts of this design seperately, all I have to is combine them... If I would make this as a commercial device, I would use Spartan...

Sobakava,

'nokia 3310 LCD is $2.5-$3 here (84x48 resolution with SPI like interface 3V3)'

where do you find these lcd, at these prices, please ?..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back