Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

look-alike component in ADS momentum

Status
Not open for further replies.

qqiao

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All

I want to introduce look-alike component from layout to schematic in ADS. And i want to verify whether this will work well by using a simple case. Unfortunately, i had problem when i did these. Could someone help me to figure out what's my problem or do i misunderstand the meaning of the layout comonent?
The following is what i have done.
1. creat a microstrip line and define its substrate in ADS layout, and define its width to make it a 50ohm microstirp line.
2. convert it to be a look-alike layout compent.
3. insert it to the schematic window
4. add port , term to one edge of the microstrip line and add a lumped inductor to the oher edge which will be connected to the ground
5. set the s-parameter range and do the simulation.

Then i got the S11 and Z11 resutls by using this Co-simulation.
The problem i had here is that when i changed the length of the microstrip line and using the Z11 i got to de-embedding the Load impedance(the inductor's impedance), the load impedance will be different. But the truth is the load impedance shouldn't vary with the transmission line length.

Did i do something wrong here? or the layout component only used for the filter?
I need your help. Thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back