Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Long time Synthesis in ISE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elnegm

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm using FPGA Xilix virtex 2 pro FG45 and Xilinx ISE
The problem that ISE when i Synthesis my verilog core which is 8051 it continue Synthesis,it Synthesis for along time and didn't fiinsh,the module that ISE still Synthesis and didn't fininsh is the ROM,so i can't Synthesis the core ,Any solutions?
Thanks in advance

This can occur if your design has large RAM or ROM blocks. The ISE tool tries to breakdown the ROM/RAM logic and implement it. This will take longer time and may cause the tool to hang. A better option for you is to use the built-in RAM/ROM blocks in Xilinx for your core's RAM/ROM. This will force Xilinx to skip synthesis of the RAM/ROM and directly instantiate the built-in RAM/ROM.

If you have implement the RAM/ROM then ISE will take a long time to synthesis it. The best way to do is the use built in block rams... rather than implementing them....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back