Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

long range Remote controlled car

Status
Not open for further replies.

diy.technodict

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello everyone..

i am planning to build a long range( 1-3km) remote controlled car.. can you suggest how do i begin with.. i am mainly concerned with the remote control . can i buy the long range controller from any where in Mumbai? or how do i buld my own.. range is an important ISSUE !!

If you do not have LOS (line of sight) due to the terrain and man made obstacles. you will be forced to use HF (< 5 MHz) radio

yes i dont expect to have a line of sight.. what do i do then?

will i get them in India... and how do i interface the motors with them?

By the way are planning to make something which is not permitted by Indian Govt.

Thankyou.

PS: Don't help extremists.

---------- Post added at 06:30 ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 ----------

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT LONG RANGE CAN BE ACHEIVED ONLY WHEN YOUR ANTENNA IS AT A HEIGHT AND POWER OF YOUR TRANSMITTER IS MORE THAN 1W.
Thankyou

The use of except 2.4 Ghz and 27Mhz upto 100mW we don't have permission to use any kind of Transmitters here. Please check with local WPC authorities. Please respect the rules it is framed for our safety.

Thankyou

Yes..When you need to transmit to 3 Kms max, yu'll need more power on any frequency,and the Wireless Planning and co-ordination wing of the Govt of India Rules permits any transmission only upto 500 milliwatt only for educational purposes, which may not be continuous and which should carry the identification of the transmitting station. In case you need more power, you need to submit your proposal to the said dept and get a valid License on a assigned frequency by the dept where you may use your transmissions below the permitted power limits. naturally the license will come for a yearly fee. Visit the WPC website for detailed rules, regulations and other related doccuments.
**broken link removed**
Cheers

what is the maximum range that i can transmit without license? also if not RF.. can i use DTMF to control my car?

Status
Not open for further replies.