Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Long range low data rate wireless transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZagiCultus

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want to transmit data (max 16 bits) via wireless channel . suggest me what to you .plz help

yep it ll be enough. kindly tell me what to do? Actually i want to pick 8-16 bit data from a micro controller port and transmit it via wireless channel to some distance ( say 500m (min)). what do you suggest?

You can try using a 315MHz or a 434MHz Tx & Rx pair. Whatever you transmit, is seen at the receiver. Since only serial data can be transmitted, you also need an encoder and decoder. HT640 Encoder and HT648 decoder can encode and decode 8-bit data. The Tx and Rx need a 17 cm wire antenna in order to achieve the required range of 500m.

From past experience 434Mhz pair will not give 500mtrs approx is 40-50mtrs. If you want high range you need search for other powerful transmitter.

Sorry I confused feet with meters. The maximum range of 434 mhz Tx is 500 feet, which comes over 150 meters, if operated at maximum voltage,which is normally 12V.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back