Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Long rang rfid reader

Status
Not open for further replies.

HamidRM

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys .
I have a long rang RFID reader but have a few problem with it.
**broken link removed**
I think that reader works in the Interval mode(The reader working constantly,transfer the card number continuously while a card appears in the reading range.you can adjust the interval of signal) because Reader send some bytes when i bring a tag front it and this data is repeating until tag is there. The length of the data is variable for some tags (15 byte or shorter) but most of theme , have 15 bytes length.
for example this is the data of one of the tags that received from the reader:
0xFF 0x3B 0xDF 0xB1 0x2F 0xE3 0xFB 0x8F 0xD3 0x7F 0x23 0xF7 0xFF 0x21 0x01
I want to know what is this 15 byte? ( EPC Code , TID Code Or User Code)
seem that last byte is antenna number , is it true?
and why the data length of some tags is shorter that 15 byte?
and why I cant get resault from reader when send a command according to its guid (example Getting software version)?
I used baud rate 9600, stop bits 1 , and none parity mode to serial communicate , is it true?

Hello, I want to use RFID technology to my car, but reading distance is very small. Does anyone have a diagram of an RFID reader operating at a distance of at least 5 meters? I apologize for my English. Have a good day!

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.