Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Logitech x230 seperate subwoofer

Status
Not open for further replies.

arnsa

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

so I have these Logitech x230 speakers who were connected to the x230 subwoofer, but I wanted to have a seperate subwoofer from those speakers, so I bought DB9 and 3.5mm, did some soldering with a friend of mine and everything was fine - subwoofer was working perfectly. But recently I accidently broke this DB9 connector - I pulled out the 3.5mm wire out of it, so I need to do some soldering once again. But right now I can't remember how I need to solder the wires. I tried to do it like this:

white wire -> pinout 2
red wire -> pinout 9
6th and 7th pinouts were soldered together
5th and 8th pinouts were soldered together, too. I also soldered audio jack's shield to 5+8.

But subwoofer didn't work. Maybe I soldered the pinouts incorrectly? Any ideas? Here's the pinout for logitech x230:

http://pinoutsguide.com/Home/logitech_subwoofer_pinout.shtml

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back