Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Log Periodic Tooth Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

abti

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
planar log periodic tooth antenna

i have to simulate a log periodic triangular tooth antenna. The reference i have was designed to work for a frequency range from 3 to 11.6GHz. i have to simulate an antenna for a range from 100 to 300GHZ. obviously i have to scale down the geometry but which variables exactly should i change so that the result is the same at the new frequency range? should i just scale down the radii and leave all the angles as well as the tao and sigma the same ?

thanks

log periodic antenna tao

Since the antenna is planar, just scale dimensions on the x and y direction all by the same value as the old/new frequency ratio. You can visualize this as a 35 mm camera slide projector making the image on a screen. Moving the projector further away and refocusing will make the image larger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back