Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

lock in amplifier IC design

Status
Not open for further replies.

memsgg

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
lock in amplifier ic

I plan to design a lock in amplifier IC to sense weak signal from noise, can anyone give me some advice or share some experience? I have no idea now.

Many thanks
Yong

lock in amplifier chip

Well, you need some filtering and a phase sensitive detector. I think a lot of lock-in designs use a gilbert mixer for the PSD then lowpass filter the output. That is probably pretty easy to integrate if your chip takes the signal and the reference frequency as inputs -- you can do any necessary filtering off-chip. But if you want to do everything on-chip (i.e. generate the reference frequency, perform all filtering, then do the detection) you might have a problem because the input filters usually have very large time constants. Also, you are going to need to ensure that the signal/ref input buffer amplifiers are very low noise (obviously)

memsgg

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
lock-in amplifier chip

Check AD630. It may give you some ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back