Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Local Fax Printer For Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunny656

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
add fax printer xp

Hi, all:

I cannot add and install a local fax printer on my Windows XP platform although I can add and start the fax service and fax components (e.g. fax console, fax cover page editor,etc) successfully. Can anyone help me to fix this kind of problem ?

Sunny656

install local fax printer

please give some details. which printer are u trying to install. do u have the driver installation CD. is the power cable alright. is the printer getting power. is the usb (or parallel port) cable connected properly. did u install a printer before??

fax printer for xp

My PC has a built-in Lucent modem on board which can be used to send and recieved both fax and data. I am trying configure the moderm as a fax machine by installing and setting the fax printer driver and fax service of Windows XP. There is no need to connect a physical printer to the PC to act as a fax machine. My problem is that I cannot install and add a local fax printer to my PC from the control panel even though I can add the fax service successfully from Add/Remove Software of the control panel. Can you see clearly my point ?

Sunny656

xp install fax printer

My PC has a built-in Lucent modem on board which can be used to send and recieved both fax and data. I am trying configure the moderm as a fax machine by installing and setting the fax printer driver and fax service of Windows XP. There is no need to connect a physical printer to the PC to act as a fax machine. My problem is that I cannot install and add a local fax printer to my PC from the control panel even though I can add the fax service successfully from Add/Remove Software of the control panel. Can you see clearly my point ?

Sunny656

how to add a fax in xp

Sunny656

xp fax printer

first of all delete the simillar posts. i know it happens sometimes.

regarding your question. have u tried to install a third party software like winfax or anything else. or maybe go to the lucent website and tell them about it. maybe there isnt much support for your built-in modem in the windows faxing.

is it a winmodem or is it a hardware modem?

local fax printer

No, I don't install any winfax or any ither fax software on my PC. The lucent modem is a soft modem (ie. winmodem).

xp local fax

No, I don't install any winfax or any ither fax software on my PC. The lucent modem is a soft modem (ie. winmodem).

why dont u try to install some third party software like winfax. give it a try. maybe it will work. and as u say that the modem is a winmodem i think that might be the problem. u should contact lucent and ask them for a faxing solution for your modem

i hope that helps

local fax printer send to network

Well, I've finally fixed this problem by reinstalling a new clean Windows XP on my PC. The solution is quite strange and magic to me.

install a local fax printer

sunny656 said:
Well, I've finally fixed this problem by reinstalling a new clean Windows XP on my PC. The solution is quite strange and magic to me.

congratulations for such a simple solution. this solution is certainly not strange and its in no way "magic". infact whenever i have such a problem the first thing i do is re-install windows. whenever someone asks me to fix his computer, i tell him to first do a clean install of your OS. many people dont like doing this and get annoyed from me and say that thats the only thing u can say :lol:

its actually because of the OS. there are literally thousands of bugs in OSes. and when u install third party software anything could go wrong that isnt too evident. but it does show itself in some way. the same happened to u. it wasnt magic that happened to u. your OS had an error and a clean install fixed it!

have fun :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back