Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Loading flash with J-Link

Status
Not open for further replies.

kender

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Stanford, SF Bay Peninsula, California, Earth, Sol
Activity points
Folks,

I have an IAR Embedded Workbench 5.11, J-Link debugger and a board with LPC2368 and a JTAG connector. I should be able to load the program into Flash, so that it can start on power-up and run on its own without J-Link, right? What steps should I take?

I understand that I need to build my project with certain options. But what are they? Then there will be some output file (like .hex) which cane be downloaded into the micro from EWARM IDE or with something JLinkARM.

Couldn't find a document or a web page describing how to do it. I've been trying to figure them out all day today.

- Nick

I was able to generate a .hex file. However, when I try to connect to the target from J-Flash ARM, I get a message:
"Could not find any Flash devices. Failed to connect.
I can run my code in RAM with a J-Link debugger from IAR Embedded Workbench, so I think the JTAG is wired correctly (it's custom PCB). LPC2368 has got on-board Flash. What could be causing this message?

Best,
- Nick

May be you are using outdated J-Link software. For the latest and greates J-Link updates check the www.segger.com website. J-Link is from Segger, so are updates. If the J-Link is old, it might not recognize the signature of the LPC2368!?
Just a thought.

Hope this helps, Bob

The default flash loader was switching to the external xtal, but I had only the internal RC osc (unfortunately the footprint for the xtal was incorrect, and xtal go shorted to ground plane). This was the root cause of my problem. I had a long conversation with IAR support. I even had to give them remote access to my computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.