Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Loading effect problem in a circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocky010589

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,
I am doing a project in which, I am using a power supply of 12V. when I have not given any load, then it give 52V at o/p. But when give the load then it reduces to 30V, 350mA. but I want at o/p 30V, 720mA.
What I have to do????
Plz give me suggestion...

Thank you...

what about the maximum input power?

I think your load resistance should be changed(deccreased) in order to draw more current from the supply.

Last edited:

Hello everyone,
I am doing a project in which, I am using a power supply of 12V. when I have not given any load, then it give 52V at o/p. But when give the load then it reduces to 30V, 350mA. but I want at o/p 30V, 720mA.
What I have to do????
Thank you...

Hi all,

What current will load use from power supply depends from resistance in circuit and from resistance of load. Of course, its obvious that psu must have enough current to supply load or we will have smoke. :smile: If load have smaller resistance current will be higher.

When transformer is made, all depends from construction calculations. Trafo can be constructed to have nominal voltage at full load (max power) or can have OCV voltage (Open Contact Voltage - without load). Your adapter is probably very small, and you have voltage falldown.

You cant put more current in load, this depends from load resistance and resistance in circuit.

Hello everyone,
What I have to do????

Thank you...

Hi,

If you use a regulated power supply (RPS) you will not face this problem.

The RPS should be able to supply at-least 720 mA of current at 30 V.

You can easily make your own, a stepdown transformer connected to a rectifier with filter which is connected to voltage regulator could make this.

It is easily available in market, you can buy one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back