Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Load switch with Triac and Reed Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knife

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All

I want to make and switch to control light in cabinet. I need to switch 220 VAC with triac and reed switch. I will place a magnet to door and I will place main box across magnet. The maximum lenght is 15 cm between door and main box. I think reed switch will work properly.

You know reed switchs are normally open and when magnet is getting closer, reed switch will close. Could you help me to build schematics with NO reed switch ?

Hi All

I want to make and switch to control light in cabinet. I need to switch 220 VAC with triac and reed switch. I will place a magnet to door and I will place main box across magnet. The maximum lenght is 15 cm between door and main box. I think reed switch will work properly.

You know reed switchs are normally open and when magnet is getting closer, reed switch will close. Could you help me to build schematics with NO reed switch ?

Instead of a reed switch you can use Hall-effect switch. Some push-buttons were designed with Hall switches. You can also use a photo-sensor with a LED and a photodiode mounted in a plastic bracket. On the door a plastic -bracket will block the light path when closed, and allow the light when door is open
A reed switch seems to me the most reliable and simplest in the circuit. You can also use a small micro-switch, even better.
A safer version to light an open shelf is to use a battery-operated LED light.

I don't have any Vcc or some voltage to supply hall switches or something. I only have 220 VAC and I don't want to make capacitive supply for this circuits. I think I will handle only 220 VAC with reed switch and triac. Is there anyone to make suggestion about schematic ?

Status
Not open for further replies.