Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Load GDS file into Virtuoso

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuguo

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
gdsii

I am doing a mixed-signal design, the thing I am trying to do is to synthesize the digital part using standard ASIC flow and merge the digital layout with the analog layout in Virtuoso.

I got some standard digital cells from Artisan, they also provide a GDS2 file containing the physical layout view for these digital cells. Now the problem for me is how to load these layout views into Virtuoso. I tried to load the GDS file with the layer mapping table provided by the vender, but the layout in the Virtuoso don't have the correct font (extremely large now) and for each cell it has two copies of layout with different cell names. The layout views are the same, one of the cell names is correct while the other has some strange characters after the correct cell name.

Is there anyone know how to set the font correctly when performing GDS stream in, and why there are two copies of layout generated? Thank you very much in advance.

1. The standard cells of artisan may have exra layers and do not match with analog block. I think you should try a standard cell streamout using mapping file and run lvs with the command file of analog. If it is correct, you can streamin all digital block.

2. Layout with different cell names is because when translating behavior verilog to physical level, a number is added following the standcell name. Don't care it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back