Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LO harmonics effect on FET mixer

Status
Not open for further replies.

karote

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

Could some one give me an answer about how does the even order harmonics of strong LO signal affect on FET mixer? Does the second order harmonics cause performance degradation? Of course they will produce mixing results but does they affect on the output signal quality on the fundamental frequency (RF_OUT)

Thank you in advance

only the odd harmonics are generally worried about because the even harmonics contribute mainly to the DC and dont contribute to the signal from the fundamental frequency....

well nonlinearity of the transfer function can be represented using equation in cosine/sine.... if u manipulate by using a cosine/sine input you will understand......

in single FET the LO 2nd harmonic will have an effect , and sure if ur filter is not good sure the output singal will be affected

i agree with A Anand if the mixer is differetial , here the even harmonics will be minimum but in singel FET mixer this not ture

khouly

khouly said:
in single FET the LO 2nd harmonic will have an effect , and sure if ur filter is not good sure the output singal will be affected

i agree with A Anand if the mixer is differetial , here the even harmonics will be minimum but in singel FET mixer this not ture

khouly

i was thinking that the even harmonic will contribute only to the DC... actually it was a inference from the manipulation of some equations for a non-linear system...

can u just clarify what all components will the 2nd harmonic introduce and will there be a component in the fundamental frequency....

i was design a mixer based on single fet , the 2nd harmonic of the LO , mixer with the RF , and there was a signal like IF but shifted to the 2L0-RF

khouly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back